In 1922, the first practical highway snowplow developed in the U.S. was designed and built by Edward Levy, Superintendent, City Public Works, Munising, MI, Alger County.
The goal of the Alger County Road Commission is to provide quality, efficient and safe road systems in Alger County.
Seasonal Weight Restriction
Weight restrictions are posted on the County Road Association website. Visit http://www.micountyroads.org/ or call 906-387-2042 x 19 for further information.
Alger County Roads Subject to Seasonal Weight Restrictions: View List
All Season Roads
- H-58 (City Limits Road to H-15)
- Tunteri Road
- Eben-Trenary Road from M-94 South (just short of Limestone/Kiva)
- Prospect from M-28 to H-13
- Eben-Trenary Road from M-67 extending 3.5 miles
- County Road 440
- H-58, M-77 to Log Slide Road